My sister got married last summer and doesn't have to many photo's in remembrance around her house. Do when her birthday came around I knew I wanted to incorporate some of her wedding photo's into a fun project. And it was pretty easy! Definitely a gift I would give to some more friends.
I'm going to show you how to display some of your favorite photo's in a new fun way!
1. Find your frame! I went to my local Goodwill and looked for the size I wanted, and I found the perfect one for 1/2 off! I paid $7.00 for it! Once I took the cardboard backing of a field of flowers out I was ready to rock and roll!
2. Find your photo's I wanted a square look to my photo's, so I got 4x4 inch photo's printed. I also decided to go with black and white. Ordered those and then went shopping for some supplies!
3. Other then frame and photo's there weren't too many more supplies that I needed, (I wanted to keep the wood light to go better with my sisters walls) So I picked up some screw eyes, twine, and some clothes pins!
4. Measure and screw the eye screws in, I however did not measure because I'm lazy. But I feel like I got it down pretty well ;) My sister never noticed!
5. Add twine, and pin photo's!
That's it! All done!
I made my sister a serving tray for Christmas, and it was so easy! I had to make more! I just made two more and I completely love them. To do two of them it probably only costed $20! Tell me where you can buy a decent serving tray for only $20, because I sure the heck couldn't. And here's how I did it:
A piece of wood ( I got a piece that was about 1 foot by 4 feet)
Chalk board spray paint
Cut wood in half (if applicable)
Sand edges and all surfaces of the pieces of wood.
Make sure you have your surface covered.....then begin to stain. I stain it pretty thick and evenly going with the brush strokes of the wood. I used a old rag to wipe off the access stain to give it a fun washed out look.
Let sit for a day or two....you don't want to get wet stain all over the house.
Step five: Tape off the area for the chalk board paint, and spray evenly and semi-thick.....again let sit for a day or two depending on how warm it is.
Step six: Remove tape and add handles.
Step seven: Give as a give or enjoy for yourself!
I'm going to be experimenting with new designs soon :) so stay tuned to my instagram!