Everyday is a new day for opportunity for change and for a happier you. You are able to start everyday with a fresh head leaving all of your woes and stresses behind in the day before. But every birthday you get to re-evaluate your life and see if you're on the right path for what you want in life. And this year I am so so ready for a new chapter and what better time then turning 26! Weird to say, because it feels just like yesterday that I was turning 16 and learning to drive with my mom screaming in the passenger seat. I've has so much fun growing up and becoming the woman and adult I am today. I can't wait to see where this next year takes me mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. I have come up with a list of 26 things that I want to do or accomplish in my next 365 days.
1. Quit my job, I want to quit my job and be free of the stresses it comes with. And not driving 75 minutes each way wouldn't be horrible either.
2. Have a baby, Now I put this one on my list every year. And last year it just wasn't right but I think with my new found self 26 might be the year I grow my family.
3. Blog Full Time, It's been my dream for a long time for to be a full time blogger and share my hope, love and ideas with the world of my readers. By becoming a a full time blogger, it'll give me the opportunity to quit my job and provide for my future kiddos.
4. Travel to new places, I love to travel and to see places that I haven't gotten the change to see before. I have a road trip planned in May visiting, Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon and The Grand Canyon. But I want to see more places! If you can think of any places in Canada, Oregon, Washington or Idaho I can skip away to for a weekend get-a-way please let me know!
5. Love myself, This one seems so silly. But this last year I've put myself through the wringer and didn't leave much room for self love. I want to love my body, and my inner self. I want to be able to wake up, and not second guess myself every time I try to do something that would otherwise make me happy.
6. Write two books, I'm currently writing my first E-book for you all to read, and I'm planning on being done within a month or two! So as soon as I launch that I will start working on book number two! I can't wait to launch my books and see how you guys respond to them!
7. Start a new gratitude journal, Some days it's hard and we forget everything we have in our lives that's going well and thriving. We are so much more then just one bad day or even a bad week. There are so many things to be happy and grateful for, family, health, a roof over your head. So having a daily reminder that you are okay even if you don't think you are.
8. Begin saving for a new house, I'm not ready to move yet but soon we will out grow this little home we've created. I bought this house a month after I turned 23, and we have lived here 3 months this March. And I love this house. But since we were able to save so much before moving here, I would love to continue that trend and take that to the next house we purchase. That way we can financially be ready when we do decide it's time to buy!
9. Ski Lessons. I first stared to Ski when I was 23. And it was so much more fun than I had expected it would me. I've only been twice since I had my first lesson and I'm still very timid on the slopes and I would love to be able to be a little more confident and go skiing with Tyler through-out the winter. Which sometimes in the Pacific Northwest can last for 6 months!
10. Start a craft/ flipping/ salvage business, I love wood working, crafting and turning things into something new. It's such a relaxing outlet for me and I would love to be able to share that with my local neighbors and an online community. I'm not sure exactly when I'll start this but I'm excited beyond words for it.
11. Go camping 6 times, Every year, we always say how often we plan on going camping and every single year life gets crazy during the summer and we only go 1-3 times. Being the outdoor lovers that we are, we really like to disconnect from the stresses and bustles of life to breathe in fresh air, fish and make s'mores. I hope to start camping earlier hopefully in the spring and go into early fall.
12. Go on a side by side, This is something we've both wanted to do for a while, and wanting to purchase out own. Side by sides are something we can take, camping, off roading, through the snow, and just cruising around the campsite. We are hoping we can go on a tour in Bryce Canyon!
13. Hike once a month, This is also something I've said I wanted to do year after year, and I just get too busy, (lazy). And just don't make time, this year I went hiking 3 times. I want to enjoy my backyard, challenge my body and breathe in the fresh air.
14. Go on a cruise. I've only been one cruise in my life but I absolutely loved it. It was so fun. We saw dolphins, otters, played bingo, saw shows and had great food! I would love to go on another cruise this year even if it was just a weekend cruise! If you haven't been on a cruise yet I definitely recommend it. For couples, singles and families big or small this is a great way to spend vacation.
15. Lavender Festival, Do you love lavender too? I am obsessed with it, it smells so great and helps with headaches and anxiety. There is a Lavender Festival up north in Washington State and I've been dying to go since I found out 3 years ago. But it's only for one weekend and I always realize too late. But not this year!
16. Learn 12 new meals, This year we got BLUE APRON and just fell in love! Although it's been out of out budget for for the last few months, I loved learning new recipes! There are so many meals that you can make that are quick, easy, and cheap. I want to be able to learn 1 new meal a month, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner! Have a meal you're wanting to try? Lets share!
17. Get a grown-up wardrobe, I'm nearly 26 and my clothes don't show it! I don't want to wear pant suits or heals everyday but something that's sophisticated enough for someone who nearing the end of her twenties. The reason I haven't gotten an adult wardrobe is because I haven't loved my body in a very long time but that is also changing this year.
18. Learn to make kombucha, Just a few months ago I fell in love with Kombucha. Have you had it? It's so healthy and delicious too! From what I've read online it's not to hard to make! I would love to make my own, and be able to gift it to my friends and family. They even have kombucha cocktails!
19. Wild Life Park, there are a few here in Washington that looks so fun! Big parks where wild animals walk around a natural habitat. You get to feed them an drive around in your car! They aren't caged up and really seem to enjoy it! If you know otherwise please let me know!
20. Braces, so silly but my smile has always been a insecurity of mine. I had braces as a teenager because my smile was all crazy but I didn't receive a retainer so my teeth shifted! I'm hoping to get Invisilign to help my inner confidence. But I know that it won't change who I am and I'll still be loved no matter if I get the braces or not.
21. Pay off student loans, Loans are so soul sucking! Pay, pay, pay and they never seem so disappear. How does that work? Wouldn't we all love for one less bill? Well I'm determined to end the vicious cycle. I have 4 separate loans with Navient student loans and I will pay one off at a time through-out the year so that it's a little less over whelming.
22. Start or join a book club, I love to read! But sometimes I need more accountability in order to make time to actually read the books I love. While a lot of my friends do enjoy reading the same books as me, we are never reading them at the same time. I would love to join or even start something where we can all take time for something that we love and talk about it with people who enjoy as much as we do!
23. Volunteer more, I am blessed beyond belief and I have more then I'll ever need. And not everyone has the benefit of having a roof, a car or a food in their bellies. There is always a way to help out in your community and we never do enough!
24. Look into fostering kids, I have always wanted the opportunity to improve a child's life. There are so many kiddo's that need help, whether it be for a month or a year. There are so many kids out there that don't always get a warm bed and a hug that the end of the day. I hope one day I'm lucky enough to be a foster mom.
25. Go to North Carloina, Tyler's dad moved to North Carolina almost 2 years ago and we have yet to visit. It's just so far and expensive. They might not be there too much longer and we would have missed the chance to see how they've lived in North Carolina, and lets face it there will never be a reason for me to go to there if they leave. As beautiful it is, I just don't think it'll be on my must see list.
26. Run in a marathon or a fun run! There are so many different kinds that look so fun, and they usually have a charity involved! I'm not a runner at all but I would love to be able to at least check it off my list. A glow in the dark run, a color run, running around lakes, beast cancer runs. I will pick something that's close to my heart and push myself into something I've never been able to do.
These are the 26 things I hope to accomplish this year, and I'll do my my best to get through each goal. But it's absolutely okay if I can't complete all 26! That makes for a very full, yet fun year. Getting older means I have more goals each year. I'm growing, we're growing and not every goal we make needs to be so huge but it needs to be something that will make us happy and that we've always wanted to do. This is me in my 26th chapter and this is how I want to spend it. I hope I can share my chapter with you, and learn about you next chapter too!